Forensic Building Engineering
EMA provides expert forensic building engineering to our clients
An outstanding application of EMA Engineering’s expertise is Forensic Building Engineering and Building Damage Assessment.
Highly experienced structural engineers with forensic building engineering experience and engineering staff are available for investigation, diagnosis, assessment and remediation advice covering, buildings and structures for damage of all types. We have experience of providing damage assessment and forensic inspections after major hurricanes including Andrew, Charlie, Katrina & Rita.
We are trusted by the architects, property owners, builders, insurers and loss adjusters to establish the root cause of building and structural failures and to determine cost effective remedial works.
- Structural / Building Assessments, Inspections and Forensic Investigations.
- Investigation and damage assessment of all types of buildings and structures, retaining walls, pavements, water tanks and swimming pools.
- Forensic Building Engineering.
- Expert Witness and Reporting service for legal proceedings and court hearings.
- Building and Structural Defects and Damage Causation investigation and reporting.
- Cause of damage determination and repair specification for the insurance industry.
- Remediation advice and disaster assessment following fire, storm, earthquake and flood events.
- Pre-purchase building inspections for residential, commercial and industrial properties.
- Preventative risk assessments.
- Building maintenance appraisals and recommendations.
- Dilapidation surveys prior/post construction.
- Building movement and underpinning.
- Infrastructure damage and emergency management plans (buildings, bridges and other structures).
- General building inspections, providing structural and building advice to property owners.